Rinnai Compact 2 Gas Fireplace
The Rinnai Compact 2 Gas Fireplace has been designed to fit into those tighter spaces, whether it's an existing masonry chimney, a smaller living room or your tiny home. It's easy to retrofit and looks terrific.
Key benefits and features:
- Frame options: Range of frames to update any living space
- Small and safe: Overheat switch and flame-failure detectors are part of the safety specifications
- 2-speed convection fan: Quickly and effectively disperses the heat
- Easy installation: Shallow firebox will fit most existing fireplaces
- Manual controls: Operation is easy push button controls
Domestic heating appliance suitable for living rooms and open plan areas. Heating area 46-80 m² (depending on where you live in NZ).
Please bear in mind that the Compact 2 has a robust fan which is audible, especially in smaller rooms. If the operating noise of the gas fireplace plays a significant factor in your purchase decision we always recommend viewing a working model.
Available for Natural Gas or LPG. Specify gas type at time of purchase.
General clearances around the Compact 2
The appliance must not be installed where curtains or other combustible materials (coffee tables, couches etc.) could come into contact with the fire. In some cases curtains may need restraining. The 1000 mm clearance above is the clearance to the ceiling. The 300 mm side clearance includes side walls.
- Input: 9-25 MJ/h
- Output: 1.6-5 kW*
- Efficiency: 73%
- Burners: Ember bed and flame burner
- Combustion System: Naturally aspirated multi port burner
- Data Plate: Inside the appliance on the front right hand side panel
- Fan: Convection fan tangential 2-speed
- Flue - masonry: Rinnai strongly recommends the use of a Rinnai flexiliner flue system. Failure to meet this criteria may result in an unsafe situation. Installation without a flexiliner flue is permissible as long as the chimney is checked for soundness and ability to achieve a good draw. If in doubt install a Rinnai flexiliner flue system. Rear discharge spigot 43 x 245 mm.
- Flue - decorative chimney (installations into a combustible opening): Natural draft double skin flue. Termination—an approved 100 mm cowl must be fitted to all installations.For new fireplace installations (installations into a combustible opening) a Rinnai zero clearance box and flue kit is a mandatory requirement to meet warranty conditions. Flue dimensions; outer 150 mm, inner 100 mm.
- Gas Connection: ½ " BSPF male flare
- Gas Control: Push button combination control valve
- Ignition: Continuous spark electronic ignition
- Noise level: 49 dB(A)
- Operation: Push button to light to pilot and burners (low, medium, and high)
- Power Consumption: High 20 W, standby 0 W. The electrical connection can exit the appliance from the lower left or right hand side, or from the rear of the heater.
- Safety Devices: Flame failure thermocouple, overheat switch, fan delay, and power failure protection.
- Weight: 39kg
- * Please Note: kW output will vary according to geographical location in NZ