Spring has sprung and that means it’s time to take your Motorhome out of hibernation. Before heading out on your first trip of the season, spend a weekend going through your vehicle to make sure everything is in proper working order.
- Check your tire pressure, tread depth and that there is no cracking in the sidewall of your tires. Don't forget to check the spare!
- Check your indicators and brake lights.
- Check your warrant and rego have not expired.
- Open all windows and vents to air your Motorhome out and to ensure that no hinges have seized.
- Give the inside a thorough clean and check for no insects or rodents that may have made a home over winter.
- Make sure you have an up to date first aid kit and that no medication has expired.
- Check for bedding (linen and pillows) that you may have removed over the winter.
- Check that you have a current fire extinguisher.
- Clean and flush out your fresh water tanks.
- Check that your water pump is still working and turn on all taps and faucets to ensure they are working properly.
- Check your carbon monoxide alarm, smoke alarm, LPG alarms are all in working order.
- Check both your house and starter batteries are fully charged. Check the water levels in your batteries.
- Check your water heater on both gas and electric and that no bugs have nested in the gas burner.
- Fill your gas bottles.
- Check all other appliances are working correctly.
- Check and clean your air conditioning filter.
Avoid an unpleasant first trip away in your Motorhome by following our handy guide to" dewinterising" your Motorhome.
Drive safe and enjoy!