Solar Panels Maintenance
Solar panel maintenance is fast and easy and doesn’t require any specialist skills. It comes down to regular cleaning. The best time to clean your panels is in the early morning or evening, as they can get very hot during the day.
What You Need:
- Sponge, soft mop or squeegee
Solar Panel Maintenance Steps:
- Hose down your solar panels.
- Use a sponge, mop or squeegee to clean the panels with water. This will remove anything from the surface of the panels.
- Hose them down again to remove any soap residue.
- Check underneath the solar panels, removing any leaves or debris that might block the airflow.
How Often Should You Clean Your Solar Panels?There is no set time. The best thing to do is keep an eye on them. Keep in mind that a solar panel system that’s tilted will get some natural benefit from rain showers, while a flat system will need to be cleaned more often.
- Before cleaning the solar panel, make sure your solar system is cool.
- Check the product manual for cleaning tips as some panels allow for soapy water to be used during cleaning, while others do not.
- Do not use sharp or hard objects for cleaning as these may damage the panel. For your panel to work as efficiently as possible you want to prevent scratches on the surface of the solar panel.
- Do not use high pressure to clean the solar panel as it can damage the cells of the panel.